Founded in 2013, SWWIG has been running regular tastings across South Wales and everywhere we go, we bring a crowd. Whisky tastings are a fantastic way to increase patrons to your venue and are a great alternative to pub quizzes and open mic nights.
SWWIG is an experienced premium drinks presentation team and we’re passionate about sharing our love of whisky with new crowds. We’ve worked with independent pubs to national chains including Brewdog and Nicholson’s Pubs, as well as appearing on S4C’s Heno program with Roy Noble. Our tastings are relaxed, fun, non-pretentious which all help to promote a sociable atmosphere.
If you have a venue, club or group we’d love to run a tasting for you. Below you’ll find out what we offer.
- You’re own event:
Choose your event tasting, date and number of people and the tickets are yours to customise and resell. For example, you may offer a food and whisky pairing evening to show off your restaurant, or a guest ale or cocktail to promote your drink selection, or you may just run the tasting as normal – the choice is yours. Tickets are sold by yourselves at the price you decide, plus we work with you to customise the format and timings to your specification. Whisky tastings are a perfect way to increase trade on quieter evenings as well as promote your venue to new clients.
Pricing starts from £300 for the first 20 tickets (minimum) and £13 per head thereafter.
- Be included on our monthly schedule:
Each month we run a themed tasting for our members and if you have an appropriate venue in a new area, we’ll gladly add you to our schedule. After agreeing a monthly date, we’ll organise all advertising and sales through our website and run the tasting. You supply the venue, we bring the people at no cost to yourselves!
For either your own tasting or being part of our schedule, we provide the following
- All the whisky samples, nosing glasses, place-mats and full presentation featuring 5-6 themed whiskies.
- We’re very keen to promote Responsible Drinking, therefore samples are pre-bottled, so there’s no pressure to finish each one. Secondly, they are 15ml each in volume, the perfect amount to sample but not overindulge; it is about tasting, exploring and enjoying.
- We focus on quality, premium whisky with full bottles priced around £35-£150.
- We’re completely independent, so we do not promote any specific brands.
- Events usually last around 2 hours including a 15-20 minute interval.
- Finally, 10% of our profits go to JustaDrop.org, an international water charity who run projects across the world to improve access to clean, safe water.
Won’t my profits be lower as they’re drinking your whisky?
Our samples are only 15ml and are consumed at a very gentle pace. We find most of our customers buy from the bar at least twice in the evening and we always encourage them to support the venue, whether it be for soft drinks, alcoholic beverages or food. The presentation only lasts 2 hours and many stay at the venue afterwards to socialise with others. If you’re looking at hosting your own event with us, you can add food or a welcome drink to the price of the ticket to maximise profits as well as promote your venue.
What sort of tastings do you offer?
If your looking at hosting your own event with us then you can choose one of the vast selections of Tours, Explorations and Tastings. From a ‘World Tour’ featuring whiskies from across the globe, to ‘Tour of Scotland’ or to specific distilleries, known as ‘Vertical Tastings’, we have a tasting to suit everyone. Below are a few of our most popular: Please click on images to discover more.
Please note: All whiskies listed above are for example only and subject to change